Anyone who is not automatically granted the social tariff but who thinks they are eligible for it can request a paper certificate from the competent welfare institutions, depending on the category to which they belong.

To find out which welfare institution you have to contact, consult the brochure 'Right to the social tariff' from the FPS of the Economy.

You then have to send the completed certificate to your energy supplier. If someone you live with is entitled to the social tariff, you may also have to provide your energy supplier with proof of the composition of your family.