No more electricity or gas because your meter has been disconnected?
These 3 easy steps allow you to enjoy your gas and/or power again in no time
- Sign a contract with an energy supplier
- Make an appointment with Sibelga
- Sibelga opens your meter (when? costs? do I need to provide anything?)
Was your meter disconnected after a recent house move? Read on to find out why it was disconnected and exactly what you need to do.
As soon as you have signed the new contract, your energy supplier will provide us with your details. We usually receive them the next day.
On that day, you can expect an e-mail and/or a text message from us around 6.00 pm stating your dossiernumber.
You can now make an appointment with Sibelga, quoting the dossernumber you received from us:
- online at my.sibelga.be
- or by phone on 02 549 41 00 (monday to friday, from 8 am to 5 pm)
You should take into account that it will be at least 2 full working days before we come round to connect your meter. This depends on technicain availability.
Important before you make an appointment!
Is this a new electricity or gas installation? Or has your current installation been modified? In that case, you will need a comformity certificate! You will need to present this certificate to the Sibelga engineer. Without it, he is not allowed to connect your meter.
The day before the appointment we will send you a text message specifying the estimated time the Sibelga engineer will be calling round.
Or call our Planofoon on 0800 944 88 yourself from 2.00 pm onwards on the day before the appointment.
Connecting one meter costs € 102.85 (incl. 21% VAT).
This fee will be billed to you through your energy supplier.
- You will need to be able to present a conformity certificate if work has been carried out to your electricity or gas installation.
- The meter and the room where the meter has been fitted need to be accessible.
- An adult needs to be present.
- The doorbell needs to work, and it must state your name. If your doorbell is not working, please leave a note with your mobile phone number.