There are various ways of obtaining protected client status:
1. On your own initiative
You can submit an application to be granted 'protected client' status directly to Sibelga on your own initiative. However, you must fulfil two conditions:
- have received a notice of default from your energy supplier
- already benefit from the social rate, or be involved in a debt mediation process with an approved debt mediation centre, or be part of a collective debt settlement, or to to benefit from an increased allowance (old OMNIO status).
2. Via the OCMW/CPAS (social welfare centre)
If you have receive a notice of default from your energy supplier, you can be recognised as a protected client on the basis of a survey conducted by the OCMW/CPAS. The OCMW/CPAS will inform Sibelga, the social supplier.
3. After a decision from Brugel
If your income is lower than a pre-determined maximum amount (income that takes account of the composition of the family) and if you have received a notice of defaulft from your energy supplier, then once a dossier has been submitted to Brugel, you can be recognised as a ‘protected client'.
Send your application
Please send the form and the necessary documentary evidences to:
- Sibelga - Service Clients Protéges
quai des Usines 16
Sibelga will undertake, as a supplier of last resort, the necessary steps to provide you in energy.